How to use your Fragrance Lamps
1. Stand your lamp on a spill resistant surface. Remove the snuffer-cap and the stone/wick assembly. Fill your lamp up to 2/3 full with one of Ashleigh & Burwood's unique Lamp Fragrances.
2. Insert the stone/wick assembly into the lamp. Always keep the lamp upright when filled to prevent spillage of Lamp Fragrance.
3. Cover the stone with the snuffer cap (If the stone is not covered the Lamp Fragrance will evaporate) and allow the wick to soak for 20-30 minutes. Place your lamp on a heat resistant surface before lighting.
4. Remove the snuffer-cap and light the stone. NEVER leave the burning lamp unattended. Ensure you locate the lamp away from any combustible materials.
5. Blow out the flame after about 2-3 minutes. NEVER cover the open flame with the snuffer-cap or decorative lid or you may damage your lamp.
6. CAUTION: The stone is now hot! It will remain hot (without flame) as it continues to draw fragrance through the wick.
7. Use the supplied decorative-lid to cover the stone. The lamp is now working to clean the air and fragrance your home.
8. Allow the lamp to fragrance your home for up to a maximum of 40 minutes before extinguishing.
9. After 40 minutes, stop the fragrancing by removing the decorative lid. (CAUTION - may be hot) and cover the stone with the snuffer cap. This will stop the process and prevent the lamp fragrance form evaporating when the lamp is not in use.
NOTE: The lamps can be known as Catalytic Lamps, Catalytic Fragrance Lamps, Effusion Lamps, or simply as Fragrance Lamps.
We recommend when changing fragrances that you remove the wick from the lamp and allow the wick to dry before placing into another fragrance.
We also recommend when using the lamp, not to burn the lamp until it runs dry as this can cause excessive wear to the wick.